Last week we celebrated earth day for 2022 on April 22nd, Earth day comes around as a gentle reminder to reflect on your impact and consumption of the world. Simple changes in your day to day routine counts and even being mindful and aware of your impact is a start.
2 major parts of your life that will always come into question will be what you eat and what you buy.
What you Eat
- Opt for more plant friendly diet options, even if that means choosing to eat meat only a couples times per week instead of every day.
- Eat more variety of plant-based food. A larger variety in our diet is crucial as the lack of diversity in cultivation is terrible for nature and a danger to food security
If you would like some help on what options you can eat check out – Future 50 Foods
- Only eat sustainably sourced Seafood
- Grow your own food, even if you can start off small with tomatoes or other fruits. This saves on packaging as well as environmental transport impacts of imported food.
- Avoid Palm oil or look for RSPO certified palm oil
- Only buy what you need and cut down on waste
What you buy
- Support local farmers and businesses
- Thrift, donate and buy second hand
- Support businesses that use sustainable ingredients, don’t test on animals and if possible are vegan
- Look for sustainable certified products
- Only buy what is essential. If you feel like buying something out of impulse, leave the said item for a day or two and come back to see if you really want it or if it was purely a desire of the moment.
- Opt for energy efficient tech
- Look out for biodegradable packaging
Make sure to Follow Hubient Talents on all their social medias and follow me Sky Bambie on all mine listed below. Thank you so much!
FB – https://www.facebook.com/SkyBambie/
Insta – https://www.instagram.com/skybambie/
Hubient youtube – https://www.youtube.com/c/HubientTalents
Discord – discord.gg/hubient
Hubient esports fb- https://www.facebook.com/hubientesports/